Pittsburgh Criminal Traffic Attorneys
These might not seem like much, but criminal traffic can mean fines, jail time, and license suspension if convicted.
It’s frightening and upsetting if you or a family member are accused of a criminal traffic violation. You are probably worried about the legal ramifications and confused about what to expect.
In Pennsylvania, criminal traffic violations, like reckless driving or driving under suspension, can draw consequences that can range from losing your driver’s license to having to spend months, or even years, in jail. From your first citation on, it’s critical to work with an experienced defense attorney.
Why Hiring an Attorney Is Your Best Course of Action
Many people charged with criminal traffic violations believe they can handle the situation themselves. Some hope that if they write a letter to the judge explaining their situation, they will be able to get their charges dismissed. However, hiring a lawyer is more likely to give you the outcome you want in this critical situation.
Prosecutors will not negotiate with you alone. An experienced attorney will have worked with the prosecutors handling your case many times before. They can draw on their relationships and understanding of the local court system to lessen or dismiss your charges. If you are found guilty, your attorney may also be able to negotiate on your sentence.
Your attorney will guide you and give you the knowledgeable advice you need to make the best possible decisions every step of the way.
Strong Defense For Criminal Traffic Violations
If you are charged with a criminal traffic violation, your attorney will meet with prosecutors and police to have your charges dismissed or lessened. They will be with you at hearings or trials.Your lawyer will create a strong defense and stand up to aggressive prosecutors.
If your attorney achieves a dismissal on your case, he or she will work to clear your name by taking the steps necessary to have your criminal record erased.
Scope Of Criminal Traffic Violations
In Pittsburgh, criminal traffic violations include everything from driving to a Steelers game while your license is under suspension to leading the police on a high speed chase.
- Driving Under Suspension — What to expect if you are charged with driving while your license is suspended.
- Driving Without A License — Your consequences if you drive without a valid driver’s license.
- Reckless Driving — The challenges and penalties for reckless driving.
- Leaving The Scene Of An Accident/Hit And Run — Pennsylvania’s specific conditions for what you must do following an accident and the penalties if you hit and run.
- Eluding Or Fleeing Police — What to expect if you flee from the police in your vehicle.
- Drag Racing — Your consequences for illegal drag racing.
- Homicide By Vehicle — The penalties if you cause a death by driving recklessly.
- Aggravated Assault By Vehicle — Your consequences if you cause a serious injury by driving recklessly.