Pittsburgh Traffic Attorneys
While it might not seem like much, a traffic violation can mean points on your driving record, increases in your auto insurance, and more.
It’s stressful if you or a family member is accused of a traffic offense. You are probably worried about what your penalties will be. In Pennsylvania, traffic offenses can draw consequences that can range from points on your driving record to losing your driver’s license. If you retain experienced Pittsburgh traffic lawyers as soon as you receive a ticket or citation, you will have an opportunity to avoid these negative ramifications.
Why Hiring An Attorney Is Your Best Course Of Action
Many people charged with traffic offenses believe they can handle the situation themselves. Some hope that if they write a letter to the judge explaining their situation, they will be able to get their ticket dismissed. In fact, you might be causing more harm by writing a letter. However, hiring a lawyer is more likely to give you the outcome you want.
An experienced attorney will have worked with the prosecutors handling your case many times before. They can draw on their relationships and understanding of the local court system to lessen or dismiss your charges. If you are found guilty, your attorney may also be able to negotiate points, fines, or license suspension. Your attorney will guide you and give you the knowledgeable advice you need to make the best possible decisions every step of the way.
Strong Defense For Traffic Violations
If you are charged with a traffic offense, your attorney will meet with police to evaluate the evidence brought against you as well as the prosecutors to have your charges dismissed or lessened. Your attorney will also be at your side on your court date and may even be able to attend court on your behalf.
Scope Of Traffic Offenses
In Pittsburgh, traffic violations include everything from speeding on your way to a Pirates game to making an illegal U-turn downtown.
- Traffic Tickets — The scope of violations that can draw a ticket in Pennsylvania.
- Speeding Tickets and Citations — Your consequences if you speed.
- Fighting Your Ticket — The reasons why fighting your ticket can be your best option.
- Cost Of Pleading Guilty — The hidden costs of pleading guilty to your ticket.
- Driving Record — What points can do to your driving record.
- Pennsylvania Points System — An overview of Pennsylvania’s point system.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations — The negative impact of traffic offenses on a CDL holder.
- Out of State Drivers — Why your best course of action is to fight your Pittsburgh ticket even if you live in another state.