Pittsburgh Firearms & Weapons Attorneys
If you or someone you know has been accused of a firearms or weapons crime, you’re most likely concerned about what will happen to you. We can help.
If you or someone you know has been accused of a firearms or weapons crime, you’re most likely concerned about what will happen to you. Under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, you have a right to bear arms, and many people own and carry firearms to protect their safety. Pennsylvania law adheres to the Constitution, but the Commonwealth regulates it heavily. Violating the Commonwealth’s gun and weapons laws can lead to jail or prison time, hefty fines, and a criminal record if you’re convicted. Even carrying a firearm without a license or possessing an offensive weapon can lead to years of problems and negative consequences.
With weapons crimes, it’s important to consult with a Pittsburgh gun charges attorney who can evaluate the evidence against you. We have helped many people who have been wrongfully charged with a weapons crime. Many times the Commonwealth is overreaching in its charges and the police’s evidence is shaky. At Worgul Law Firm, we are experienced at exposing these inconsistencies and evidentiary issues to protect your rights and your future. Call us today at for a free consultation with a Pittsburgh gun charges attorney today.
How a Pittsburgh Gun Charges Attorney Can Help
When you’re looking for a Pittsburgh gun charges attorney, having a lawyer who has previously and successfully represented clients accused of gun and weapons crimes is key. An attorney can walk you through your legal options review the evidence against you, file any motions for suppression or inadmissibility, and negotiate with the Commonwealth for reduced charges and/or a dismissal. If you would prefer to go to trial for your charges, be sure to ask your lawyer if he or she has had experience with trials and how that process works.
At Worgul Law Firm, we have the experience you need to fight your gun charge or weapons violation. Our Pittsburgh criminal defense attorneys are experienced litigators and trial attorneys who treat every case as unique and important. We have years of successful outcomes for our clients and have handled many gun charges.
Scope Of Firearm And Weapons Crimes
In Pittsburgh, firearm and weapons crimes include everything from selling a Taser to possessing a gun without a manufacturer’s number.
- Possessing Criminal Instruments — Learn what is considered to be a criminal instrument and the penalties for owning one.
- Possessing of Firearm Prohibited — There are some individuals under Pennsylvania law who are prohibited from possessing guns or firearms.
- Carrying Firearm Without a License — Find out what to expect if you are charged with carrying a concealed gun without a license.
- Making Repairs / Selling Offensive Weapons — Discover what happens if you repair or sell an offensive weapon.
- Firearm Theft — Learn how theft of a firearm is different from other kinds of theft.
- Possession of Firearm with Altered Numbers — Possessing a gun with an altered number can yield negative consequences and a criminal record.
- Weapon On School Property — The ramifications of being caught with a weapon at a school are steep.