Worgul Law Firm Scholarship
At Worgul Law Firm, we understand that higher education is important for a successful future, yet a challenge for all to financially secure.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO MAY 31, 2017. NOTIFICATION WILL BE SENT TO THE WINNER BY JUNE 30, 2017.
The Pittsburgh DUI attorneys at the Worgul Law Firm are proud to be announcing an exciting scholarship opportunity in the amount of $10,000 to help a deserving student accomplish educational goals.
In order to be eligible for the Worgul Law Firm scholarship program, applicants must:
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate college, university, or graduate school across the United States.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Has demonstrated outstanding service to the community, high initiative to further their education, and a strong academic performance.
All applicants need to submit the following documents for consideration:
- A high school, undergraduate, or graduate school transcript. An unofficial version is acceptable.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty or staff member.
- An attached application form.
- Essay – must be between 300-500 words on the following topic:
There have been many public service campaigns about the dangers of drinking and driving; however, people continue to make the unfortunate decision to drink and get behind the wheel. Write an essay about the reasons why people continue to drink and drive – and what initiatives could be executed to address those reasons.
Completed materials may be submitted by any of the following methods:
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Questions? Please direct all questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application and supporting material must be received by March 31, 2017 (NOW MAY 31, 2017).
- Notification will be sent to the scholarship winner by email prior to April 30, 2017 (NOW JUNE 30, 2017).
The scholarship must be applied to tuition costs or other related educational expenses. Upon determining a winner, a check will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly. As the awarded recipient, you will be expected to submit necessary receipts in compliance with the IRS.
Worgul Law Firm is a team of highly skilled and experienced Pittsburgh DUI lawyers and criminal defense attorneys. We work hard to represents individuals throughout the surrounding areas charged with DUI, theft, fraud, traffic violations, drug crimes, and other criminal offenses.