First DUI Offense in PA – What to Consider When Hiring a DUI Attorney
Being stopped for your first DUI offense in PA can be a terrifying experience. A night out with friends, maybe a couple of drinks before or after a Steelers game, and the choice to drive home can have devastating consequences in cases where you were found to have been driving under the influence or drugs or alcohol.
A person can be pulled over, and subsequently charged with a DUI, for any number of reasons. Reckless driving, speeding, red eyes, or the smell of alcohol on a one’s breath can all prompt a state trooper to test your blood’s alcohol content or even to arrest you for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol based off perceived impairment alone.
At Worgul, Sarna & Ness, Criminal Defense Attorneys, LLC, we know from numerous client experiences that not all DUI charges lead to convictions. In fact, knowing how to defend yourself against a first DUI offense in PA can make the difference in many DUI cases. Hiring the right Pittsburgh DUI attorney is a first step toward getting your charges reduced or dismissed altogether.
5 Considerations When Hiring a DUI Attorney
- DUI Defense Experience — When picking your Pittsburgh DUI attorney, you’ll want to go with a law firm that’s experienced in handling DUI cases and that has a track record of successfully defending those facing allegations of DUIs. DUI cases aren’t run-of-the-mill. They require an attorney who is experienced in handling DUI cases.
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania Law — DUI law in Pennsylvania can be complicated and a thorough understanding of it is crucial to defending many DUI cases. When choosing a DUI attorney, you’ll want to select someone who is familiar with Pennsylvania DUI law and who understands the requirements of when and how an officer can legally pull someone over.
- Judicious Defense Strategy — DUI defense attorneys can take many approaches when defending your case. You’ll want to select an attorney who can build your strongest possible defense, which may include proving that an officer didn’t have probably cause to stop you, questioning the accuracy of your blood alcohol or breathalyzer test, or calling into question the administration of your standardized field sobriety test.
- One-on-One Attention — With hundreds of dollars in fines and possible incarceration at stake, DUI cases can be stressful situations. In such situations, you’ll want to work with an experienced Pittsburgh DUI attorney who will give you the care you deserve through personalized, one-on-one attention.
- Record of Success — Not every DUI lawyer can look back at his or her history of DUI cases and proudly show a clear record of getting his or her clients’ charges reduced or dismissed. When choosing a Pittsburgh DUI attorney for a first-time offense, be sure to ask for proof of outcomes and to select a lawyer who has a clear record of both past and recent success.
How Worgul, Sarna & Ness, Criminal Defense Attorneys, LLC Can Help Fight Your First DUI Offense in PA
Looking for a DUI attorney? Our attorneys have a record of success and the skills and experience necessary to fight your first DUI charge. We know that facing a first DUI offense can be a frightening experience. But we’ve helped numerous individuals face and successfully fight their first-time DUI offenses to get their charges reduced or dismissed entirely. Need help fighting your DUI charges?
Our skilled Pittsburgh DUI attorneys know that selecting the right lawyer to work with isn’t a matter to be taken lightly, which is why we offer free, initial consultations to all potential clients. To speak with one of our skilled Pittsburgh DUI attorneys today about your DUI case, and to assess whether we might be a great fit for you, call us at (412) 281-2146 today.